Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shake it up, Baby!

I'm Starting With The Man In The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change His Ways
And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place
Take A Look At Yourself And Then Make A Change


It's been a bad, bad week. My day went something like this:

Wake-up, Get dressed, Feed the Kids
Pick up kids and car-pool to preschool
Run to Wal-Mart for some basics
Take Addie to ballet
Pick up from preschool and drop kids off
Run out to Purcellville to look at a house (Why am I not content on staying where we are is beyond me!!)
Call to schedule an appointment for my son... He's five and already has a plantar's wart... It's been frozen twice and nothing happened... The dermatologist can squeeze him in today
Run to McDonald's
Spend an hour at Chuck-E-Cheese
Dermatologist Appointment- My son screamed bloody murder when his foot was lasered
Drive in traffic with two fussy, non-napping children
Play outside with the kids
Make dinner... Let's not go over what I had here
Family time
Put the kids to bed
Laundry while having a soda
Write a blog before Grey's.

What a day! I wasn't able to fit in a workout, and as always I resorted to food. Before I became a stay at home mommy, I was a group home counselor for over five years. I LOVED my job. But today, I feel like I was one of my kids. I am totally feeling like a client and I need someone to be there for me. I am having a trainer handed to me, a supportive gym at my fingertips... and one little bit of a stressful day sends me into an eating frenzy. UGH... It's been building up though, I've had little "snacks" here and there the past week. I can not let myself sabotage what I have done. Last week, I felt happier than I have in forever because I was seeing changes... and I don't want to blow that feeling. I think it's time to go back to the old school Cottage-3 days and put me on a regimented plan.

Although Justin doesn't recommend a strict meal plan- He believes in "lifestyle changes" and not a "diet", I was able to convince him that I need some rules and regulations. If I'm given an inch, I take a mile, so I asked him to give me strict guidelines:

Breakfast- 2 egg omelet with any green veggies
Snack- protein shake
Lunch- chicken salad with any non dairy dressing
Dinner- lean meat with any green veggie

If I need to snack, I can have fruit or veggies in their natural state...

It's safe to say I'm not looking forward to eating this way, but I'm going to try with all my might to embrace it. There is always going to be a girl's night out, a birthday party, a playdate, or some reason to stray from healthy eating... and I just can NOT have any more excuses. I'm going to follow this for the next week and hope to weigh in the 150's a week from Monday. Let's see if I can practice what I preach....

Oh, and some blog readers have written asking what I've done to achieve such great results in one month. I want to stress I'm not being bribed, paid, or fed greasy foods to promote this... but I have simply been taking classes and working out at LA BOXING. If you read my blog, you know it's not because I've been on a reduced calorie meal plan. I have been hitting the gym 6 days a week. I take a kickboxing or boxing class 4-5 days a week and work out with a trainer 1-2 days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment