Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Forever Love

When your phone unexpectedly rings at seven in the morning, it's usually never a good thing.

"Shelley, Can you come drive me?"

"Yeah, but what's wrong Mom?"

"Sunrise called and Pappy fell.  He's unresponsive and they can't get him to wake up."

And with those words, my life was forever changed.

I've wanted to sit down and blog every night, but I just haven't had it in me.  Pappy was such a big part of my life, and I'm still not even okay with Nanny being gone.  Couple that with the fact that my Dad had a heart attack hours after Pappy's funeral, and life has been a little out of control lately.

Words can't express the emotions I've felt... so I won't bother.  But through it all, I'm realizng that I'm stronger than I ever thought possible.  Life is short and we need to cherish every moment. And when I cross the finish line in less than two weeks for my first ever triathlon, it won't just be for Nanny... it will be for Nanny and Pappy- just as it should be.  They will be side by side- together with the best seats in the house shining down on me.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment