Friday, January 29, 2010

Out Flittin'

My family has their own lingo. For example, we say we're going to the "mar" instead of going to the mall. We sometimes talk a little country as in "Pull your britches up," or "Turn off the spicket." I grew up in Arcola, what can I say? Whenever one of the ladies in the family is out around town or having free time, we say we're "out flittin'". Lately, between writing the blog and working out, I feel like I've been flittin' way too much.

I love, love, love working out, and I love blogging, but when it comes down to it, I have a personal struggle with attachment issues and my children. They are my sidekicks, and I HATE being away from them. On top of that, my hubby has a crazy work schedule... so in order to be able to workout, I've had to rely on asking others to help watch the kids... or pay about $25 to take a class while I get a sitter. I know, cry me a river, I'm extremely lucky to be able to stay at home with my kids and they probably don't even miss me when I'm gone for two hours, but it's a personal struggle I have. So, yesterday, when I got to cash in the manicure and pedicure gift certificate I've had for four months, I felt like I had had enough "me" time since I knew I was going to spend the night playing Bunco with the girls. I had planned on working out, but my two ragamuffins were calling my name. I skipped out on the gym so I could hang out with the kiddos... which started the cycle and I stress ate at Bunco. I'm realizing more and more I need to find balance in my life so I don't go crazy! Either that, or my new motto needs to be, "It's OK to flitt, if I want to be fit. I guess in the long run, I'm becoming a happier, healthier person, and that should only lead to me being a better mother, right? My question today is, How do you find balance? How do you fit in working out?

In my quest for all of this, I woke up at 5:30am, rolled out of bed, and took Nick's 6am boxing class. I figured, the kids wouldn't even know I'm gone, and it might free up a little of my time. I learned a couple things from this experience:

-A 6am class is waaaaay to early. Just kidding. Kind of... It was a little strange driving home and seeing the sun rise. My bed was calling my name.
-Was this an advanced class and I just wasn't informed? These people were good... and I mean real good. I realized just how far I have to go!
-I will never call Nick Mr. Nice Guy again. He had us do ten straight rounds with a rest of sit-ups, push-ups, and jumping rope. That is not nice... and I was doing all I could not to puke. Hardcore I tell ya, hardcore.
-I need to learn how to move around the bag. Nick kept moving around the bag which made me do the same. I totally have two left feet. At one point, he just chased me around the bag, and I couldn't figure out how to get set to throw a punch. It made for a good laugh though.
-I'm extremely tired... but ya know what... I feel great! I had an intense workout, I can check it off my list, and I can spend my day out flittin' with my two besties- Chris and Addison. Chuck-E-Cheese, here we come... and I'll be loving every minute of it.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment