Friday, February 19, 2010

28 days

Ticket to Fitbloggin'- $99.95
Marriott Hotel Room- 30,000 Marriott points (my hubby's traveling is good for something!)
Registration for the New Balance 5K- Free (what am I thinking- you know how much I hate the treadmill!)
Having my Kirstie Alley moment- PRICELESS


When I first started this project, my goal was to lose 30 pounds in three months. My brothers bet that I wouldn't even lose a pound. I have been battling my weight for over ten years and I don't think I've ever lost more than five pounds. In fact, the other day when I was at my mom's house trying to find "skinny" pictures for motivation, and I didn't have much luck. I did however, find a section labeled "Body for Life". She had a section dedicated to pictures of my brother and I posing in our swimsuits holding a newspaper as our before picture. They were taken over a span of a few years and every before picture got progressively worse, and there was never an after picture.

From here on out, I've decided I am not going to judge my success around the scale. I have come so far since December, and if I don't meet my goal weight, it doesn't mean I'm a failure. Things have changed. I know myself, and the old me would have worked for these three months and then regressed to my old habits. But ya know what-I want no part of that. La Boxing has become a weigh of life for me. Get it- weigh? Ha! The number on the scale can be a huge motivator- but what is an even bigger motivator is how I feel and how I live my life. I'm learning to be healthy and I'm becoming a better person during this process.

I had big plans of writing and keeping this blog up for three months, posting my before and after pictures, and then getting pregnant. I even had it all planned out. I mean, I could have announced my pregnancy on this blog- The Knockout Mama is knocked up... again! Ha! I'm sure that will come in the future, but for right now, I'm having too much fun. I hope to continue this blog and let you in on my journey. Quite frankly, I won't have an after picture for you in March. Don't fret... I will have a picture. A deal is a deal, and I promised you one. It will be my "progress" picture and show the happier, healthier, transforming me. March is not going to be my after, but just the beginning to the new me.

I have so many fitness goals that I want to achieve. Goals- did you hear that? I have goals! I want to run a 10k- Although if ya google my name for the Army 10-miler, I have one hell of a time. Too bad it wasn't me- I craigslisted my bib... and she happened to be a serious runner.:) I want to learn to cook and make healthier meals for my family, I want to spar in a ring, and I want to wear a bikini.

Bikini... now that's a word I never thought I would use again. Speaking of goals, why not start now. I wore my sports bra and workout shorts for my before picture... so I guess it's only fair that I reveal my belly for my progress picture. For extra inspiration, I'm vowing to take my progress picture in a bikini... and we might even show them at Fitbloggin'! I tried an old bikini on the other night. Did it look good? No. Would I wear it out in public? No. But was I proud of how far this mama has come in 2 1/2 months? Hell to the yeah! Fitbloggin' is going to be my Oprah moment. 28 days... Bikini or Bust!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment