Friday, March 26, 2010

She's one Hot Mama!

Can you believe that I actually did a little research for this blog post!?! Ya see, I wanted to introduce you to a special lady, and I was going to title this post M.I.L.F.... And then I thought to myself- If I was the one to call her a M.I.L.F., that might be a little out of context. HA! So, back to the drawing board I went!:) I started looking up "Hot Mom" quotes, and I came across a website that is actually called "I'm a hot mom." Their official definition of a hot mom is:

A Hot Mom is someone who finds the glamour in motherhood. That no matter how chaotic her life may be, she still finds the time to take care of herself because she knows that only by striving to be her best, can she be at best for her family and loved ones. A Hot Mom is someone who ACTS not merely reacts. She CREATES her life and not just watch things happen. She make things happen!

Whenever I'm in class, I glance around the room and see lots of women with bangin' bodies. Jealousy is the green-eyed monster, and sometimes that monster comes out in me. On more than one occasion, I've looked at these ladies and instead of being happy for them, I simply think, "damn bitches." I can't wait until the day when I have the nerve (and body) to wear form fitting workout gear. I can't wait until the day that I can do regular push-ups and not be on my knees. I can't wait until the day that I am one of those damn bitches!

I've also been very humbled and learned that many of these damn bitches are the nicest ladies in the world. Some of them have become my biggest motivators and my biggest cheerleaders. Many of them are sweet as can be and don't have a mean bone in their body. One of them has become my very own hometown hero. She makes my progress look like chump change and to me, she is the epitome of a Hot Mom.

A little over four months ago, Cindy decided to make a change and get her body back. She is a mother of three and has made an amazing transformation. While she admits that it's been hard work, she will tell you that it's been worth it!

This is Cindy only a few months ago. Sorry to call you out, but Cindy- Is your arm resting on your belly?




Ladies and gents, without further ado, my very own inspiration, let me introduce you to Cindy today.



Cindy's success makes me want to squeal! She looks amazing and she doesn't realize how many times her story has kept me going. It's just nice to know that some of the fit people in the room were once where I was, and it is possible to get my body back!

This,my dear, is a Hot Mom. She strives to be her best, she creates life, and she makes things happen. And so much for my research. Why the hell not- to many people she is a M.I.L.F..:)

Edited to add: I couldn't leave out Cindy's testimonial. In a more proper way, she has written exactly how I feel and what LA Boxing has done for her. Cindy- You don't realize what an inspiration you are!

I came to LA Boxing last fall, because I needed to lose weight. My oldest daughter had just turned 9, and I have struggled with my weight since being pregnant with her- for 10 years! Before having kids, I had been an athlete- three sports in high school, went on to play softball in college. I went to the gym regularly, and had always been in good shape. Over the past 10 years though, I have really struggled with my weight and getting back in shape. With 3 kids, it was so difficult to find the time, energy, or motivation to really commit myself to getting back into a gym on a regular basis, and thus, my weight has been up and down and back again several times. From 165 lbs up to, I’m embarrassed to say, nearly 200 lbs. at my heaviest, I’ve probably lived the majority of the last 10 years right around 180 lbs., give or take 5-10 lbs, but I had never been able to get back to my pre-baby weight of 160 and stay there. Well, actually, my real goal has always been my “wedding weight” (I had put on about 20 lbs. throughout our first 5 years of marriage, before having kids.) Last October I had finally decided I was going to get this weight off for good.

When I walked in to LA Boxing, I was at 185 lbs. and had a goal weight of 145 (a number I had not seen on the scale for at least 12 or 13 years). I had just started working on eating healthier, but I knew that, as far as exercise went, in order to really lose this weight and keep it off, I had to find something that I really enjoyed doing, or I wouldn’t stick with it. Now, I’ll admit, I’ve tried so many different at-home programs, I should probably have some sort of “frequent buyer” status with Beachbody, Inc., but I would always quit after 6 or 8 weeks. I had enjoyed heavy bag classes at the gym I previously had a membership with (note: I said “previously had a membership with”- I rarely found the time or energy to actually MAKE myself go). But, the heavy bag class was only offered intermittently, and for a fee, beyond the monthly membership fee. So, this time, I decided to try a free trial class at LA Boxing. I signed up after a second free class, and I think I was almost immediately addicted! I LOVE it! I love everything about it- the workout, the atmosphere, the people, the staff. The trainers and instructors are excellent and seem to genuinely care that you are learning and about your progress. I now go to class at least 3 times a week (I don’t have to MAKE myself go- I WANT to go- I would go everyday if I could). I hate when I have to miss. On the days I don’t go to class, I have fallen in love again with my elliptical at home, and I am on it for 45-55 minutes, and follow-up with push-ups and ab work.

Four months later, I had made it to my goal weight-and I am now on my way to losing an additional 5-10 pounds- I’m getting back to the weight I was in my college softball days. I have gone from jeans that were a very, uncomfortably, tight-fitting, size 14 (because I refused to buy a 16), to a very comfortable size 6 (and I can even put them in the dryerJ). But more important than the number on the scale, or the size of my jeans, is how I feel. I feel GREAT! I have ENERGY again- more than I’ve had in years. I can do full sets of REAL push-ups, NOT the girly ones! (I have not been able to do that since having kids) I have ab muscles again too- something I thought were gone forever after 3 pregnancies. When I started at LA Boxing, I could barely make it through the ab exercises in class- probably could do less than half of the reps- now, not only can I make it through them, I could do more. One of the things I’m most surprised with, is how my arms look, without having even lifted a weight (although, I am starting to do that again, too). I will be wearing tank tops this summer- which I haven’t done for some time, because I’ve hated how my chubby arms looked. I have always been a “wanna-be” runner, and I have run some 5Ks here and there over the years, but now, I feel so good, I’ve registered for a half-marathon. (I hope I haven’t let my new found energy and confidence go to my head!) Overall, I’m stronger, have more endurance, more energy, more confidence, and I’m in the best shape I’ve been in since my college softball days! Most importantly, with LA Boxing, I know that, this time, I will be able to keep it off!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she does look amazing!! How awesome! Love the progress you have both made! Wish I had an LA Boxing near me. ;)

    I'm currently training for a 1/2, too. Race day is June 6th!

    ReplyDelete