Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Unladylike

Sorry Mom. I'm apologizing in advance. I know that you didn't raise a daughter to talk with a potty mouth and you're probably taking deep breaths and saying I'm uncouth at the moment. But, let's face it- I've always been a little flighty, on the verge of wild, and I don't always censor myself.

With that being said, I've been sicker than a dog today. Seriously- is it possible to overdose on fiber? I made a crockpot full of beans and lentils. Lentils- now there's a word I never used before this health kick.:) Anyways, after filling up on them, I was in the bathroom all night. Stomach pains, the runs, the whole ordeal.

This morning, I was aching and my throat hurt. Have you ever been so sick that when you are lying in bed and you want to roll over but you can't muster up the strength to move? Yeah, that was me.

My aches were more like pains. However, later today, I started feeling better. After my shower, it dawned on me- Yesterday I woke up for Nick's 6am class and got the crap (hmmm, that word is quite common today) beat out of me. I'm beginning to think that my arms are aching from my workout. So, was it the stomach bug, or a case of working out too hard and my body rejecting beans? To be determined.

I guess I'll take being sick for day with a grain of salt. I met a lady last night at the gym (before I got sick, I was back at the gym for extra cardio), and we were talking about our children. She had a six, three, and one year old. I asked her how she lost her weight, and she said she wouldn't recommend it. She then told me that she was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and has been going through treatment. Wow. That will make you think. I can't even imagine. All I wanted to do was snuggle my children all night long. It makes having a few rolls and cellulite seem so miniscule. Beans, beans the magical fruit, the more ya eat, the more ya.... having the runs isn't so bad. At least I have my health. Count your blessings, count your blessings.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment