Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Biggest Loser

You better watch out Todd and Sarah- I'm winning. I'm by far the Biggest Loser... as in:

los·er   /ˈluzər/
–noun
-a person who has failed at a particular activity
-someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance,

For the lack of better words, I've sucked this week at both working out and eating well- I'm far from being The Knockout Mama. I'm completely frustrated and the pounds keep creeping back on. Last weekend, my brother, his wife, my hubby, and I realized that it's only twelve weeks until the beach. Every year, my entire family goes to the beach together and it's my absolute favorite week... as in all 30 of us in one mad house thanks to my grandparents. And this year, I'm determined to look decent. Not fab, but decent. I want to be able to lay out without a t-shirt and shorts and enjoy frolicking in the sand with my kids instead of worrying what lump of fat is bulging out of my swimsuit.

We started a family challenge to see who can lose the biggest percentage of body weight a.k.a. The Biggest Loser style. I so proudly shouted that the losers should have to buy the winners a complete dinner- hush puppies and all... and then everyone reminded me that the goal of this challenge is to lose weight and become healthier... OOPS. I'm sure my sister-in-law is kicking all of our asses right now. I love her to death- even if she did pop my nephew out and return to less than her pre-pregnancy weight within a month. Just call me the evil sister-in-law because I love that she's struggling with the last ten pounds this time around. Ten pounds- whoop-de-do- I wish that's all I had to lose!

So, how have I been prepping for Beach Body 2010? Take a peek at my checking statement:


ASIAN SPICE CAFE
PENDING DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($16.64)

Apr 26, 2010 CHUCK E CHEESE
PENDING DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($10.00)

Apr 27, 2010 COLDSTONE #1673
PENDING DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($11.51)

Apr 27, 2010 MCDONALD'S M4871 OF
PENDING DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($5.45)

Apr 27, 2010 EXXONMOBIL POS
PENDING DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($1.00)

Apr 26, 2010 FUDDRUCKERS ASHBURN VA
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($27.15)

Apr 26, 2010 MCDONALD'S M4852 OFQ17 LEESBURG VA
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($4.33)

Apr 26, 2010 REDBOX *DVD RENTAL OAKBRKTERRACE IL
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($2.10)

Apr 23, 2010 BORDERS BKS&MU01003QPS STERLING VA
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($37.13)

Apr 22, 2010 KIDS CLOSET CONNECTION LEESBURG VA
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($26.25)

Apr 22, 2010 ASIAN SPICE CAFE ASHBURN VA
DEBIT CARD PURCHASE ($13.50)

McDonald's- Check. Fuddrucker's- Check. Cold Stone Creamery- Check. Chuck-E-Cheese nasty pizza- Check. Asian Spice Cafe and those damn crab wontons- Check. Double Check. Yeah, that's just the past five days.

I've come to the conclusion that I know why celebrities are skinny and look great. They have help. When I was training with LA Boxing for my three month challenge- My parents agreed to watch the kids while I worked out if the hubby wasn't in town. Right now, they're completely busy, and I've been S.O.L.. I miss my classes and I crave hitting something. LA Boxing is like having a personal trainer. Tonight it dawned on me- If I stop eating out and feeding my face, I would have enough money to hire a babysitter for an hour with the money that I'd save! Hellooooo- Brainwave!

I have got to get out of this funk... and if it takes daydreaming about hushpuppies at the beach to do it, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm sick of excuses- Sometimes life does just get in the way, but the important thing is to keep living. Now, tomorrow I'm going to try to remember that!

1 comment:

  1. Shell,

    Get it together you can do it. The beach is still 10 or 11 weeks away. You are right I think Sarah is kicking our butt's but I have been in the gym everyday this week and have gone on runs during lunch. Even though it is a competition I am rooting for you and Sarah to win.

    - Your Favorite Brother

    ReplyDelete