Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sweaty Bands... and an ANNOUNCEMENT:)


I sweat. There's no good way to sugarcoat it. I don't perspire. I don't glisten. And I don't finish a workout without the need for a long, hot shower. In fact, I usually stink... as in hold your nose, P.U., body odor stink.

Combine my sweatiness with the fact that the strands of hair that aren't quite bangs and aren't quite the length of my hair act as my security blanket. Ya see, I like to have pieces of hair framing my face. They make me feel thinner, and while everyone tells me they look like tendrils that go along with an 80's prom do and that I should have ditched them a long time ago, I still dig them. But when I run, they are annoying with a capital A...

Enter Sweaty Bands. This week, I received two of the cutest hair bands I've ever seen courtesy of Sweaty Bands. Not only do they really not slip during a long run, but they also are exactly what they claim to be: "Sweaty Bands are the ultimate sports and fitness headband, uniquely designed for women and girls who want to show their style, even when they sweat a while!" These hair accessories keep my hair in place, hold back my locks, and look super cute!

As if I needed convincing that they are great... The company actually was started by a lady that sold her homemade head bands out of her gym bag when she was a fitness instructor. Talk about a product that evolved! Made right here in the U.S.A., they also come in any pattern you can imagine and even look cute when you aren't working out... They come in thick and thin sizes and here I am in my thick pink and brown print band:

.

Yeah, just ignore my hand in the back of my head. I really need a bump-it and I guess this was me trying to give some extra oopmh to my hair.:) Be sure to check out all the styles and details at www.sweatybands.com.

Oh- and you can also see their ads in US Weekly... I just had to throw that in there because I heart US Weekly... Please keep the coverage up on Teen Mom. Thanks.

I will definitely be ordering more sweaty bands. I'm pining over the 13.1 one and the glitter ones. I guess I need them now that it's official... Disney World, here I come. Our trip is booked and this mama will be running her first half marathon! So from now until March, if you see me in workout clothes, please keep your distance... because ladies, chances are I will be sweaty and stink.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment