Saturday, June 16, 2012

Insert Foot In Mouth

Parenting is full of highs and lows.  One minute you can feel like you have this thing under control, that you have brought it and are on top of your A game, and that you could write a book.  And within a split second, you are back on the wild ride.  Parenting is an adventure... and more than anything- oh so humbling.

We woke up at the crack of dawn to head out to our swim meet this morning.  I'm not naming names or anything... but I just happen to have one child that has always been a challenge... and one that is pretty much a dream.  And this morning, after literally counting down the days to be old enough to swim on a swim team, my daughter who has been able to swim since she was two refused to participate in her meet.

I'm not talking about just saying, "No, I'm not gonna do this."  I'm talking full on waterworks, tears, clinging to me, and rubbing her little snotty nose all over my sequined shirt.  Bless her poor little heart.

It was heartbreaking.  Not gonna lie, I was disappointed and frustrated.  But she wasn't going to know that.  She's five.  Life will go on if she doesn't swim in a summer swim meet.  This little girl just needed her Mama.

I will always be there to pick my kids up when they are down.  I'll be there to wipe their tears.  And I'll be there when they make mistakes.  And thank you blog readers for being there for me through it all... Because I guess it's true.  Ya win some, and ya lose some.:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment