Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Steps...

Baby steps... that's what's important, right? I've decided that every Wednesday, I'm going to do a weekly weigh-in and update. I'm hoping this will help hold me accountable... and boy, do I need that!

Beginning Weight~ 173
Wednesday 12/14~ 167.2
Can I get a Woot Woot!?!

It's officially been 13 days since my first workout. As far as working out goes, I've been killing it. I have been in the gym six out of seven days every week and love it! I've taken mainly kickboxing classes, one boxing class, and worked out twice with my personal trainer. I love working out, and it's definitely a stress reliever. The only downside is looking in the mirror and seeing how far I still have to go. I find myself thinking, "How did I manage to get here in the first place? What the heck happened?" I don't come close to being able to touch my toes, my high kicks often look like a frog because my legs are so bent, and doing a circuit of 10 jumping jacks, 10 mountain climbers, and 10 push-ups has me lying on the floor out of breath. Oh well, at least I'm trying... baby steps, right?

I'm now officially on YouTube... HA! I'm also writing for iammodern.com under blogs-Check it out!:) This gives me even more encouragement to see this journey through. I don't want to forever be known as the fat chick! Speaking of You Tube... I'm on a roll with throwing myself out there, so check out me in a class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8MKvxEZNug

So... I'm still working on cleaning up my eating habits. I have come a long way in two weeks, but it's still a daily struggle for me~ and I do mean struggle. I'm working on cutting out sugars and eating less processed, whole foods. Did I ever tell you guys that I was once an addict? My drug of choice was caffeine- and I really thought I would need to go to rehab to quit... or at least have some kind of intervention. We're not talking about one or two sodas a day... but more like an entire two liter, or 6-8 cans a day. I would wake up with a Diet Coke, drink them like water throughout the day, and end my day with one. My trainer recommended replacing them slowly with Crystal Lite to kill the cravings. He also allows me hot tea to help with the caffeine withdrawals. I've tried to quit in the past and it's lasted until about noon because I thought I was dying from a caffeine headache. But guess what- This girl is down to about 1/2 a soda a day... and doing just fine. In fact, I think it's helped control my appetite, because I always felt like I needed "something" with my coke- meaning a munchie. Wow, coke and munchies... I do sound like an addict.;)

The past two weeks haven't been without lows though...

When I was making a dessert to share for a dinner party, old habits crept up. I licked the spoon... and then proceeded to eat about five praline cookies. But things could have been worse- I've been known to open a box of cake batter late at night and eat half of it raw.

Yesterday, when my mom and I ate out, I had a salad- good choice, but I couldn't resist the blue cheese crumbles and croutons. But things could have been worse- I've been known to order a plate of fries as an appetizer and ask for not one, but two sides of mayonnaise instead of ketchup!

Today, after being stressed out from Christmas shopping, I had some chips. But things could have been worse- I'm the queen of having homemade nachos with melted cheese once, twice, sometimes three times a day!

I guess things could have been a lot worse, and I'm ready to gear up for another week. I haven't thrown in the towel, or given myself exceptions like in the past. It'd be soooo easy to say, let me start so fresh and so clean on January 1st. That's out of the question, because I must admit, I'm enjoying my new drug-free life. I even have a new friend... protein powder. In the past, it made me want to gag, but I'm beginning to like it. Now, if I could just learn to love chicken, chicken, and more chicken. Baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment