Monday, December 14, 2009

Eye Candy

Today I decided to venture out and try something new... I tried a boxing class! To my surprise, I loved it. By the end of the class, I needed air, but couldn't manage to hold my hands up above my head, so I'll take that as a good sign that I got a workout.:) It was pretty easy to get through this class... the instructor is well, easy on the eyes. To all the single ladies in NOVA, you should definitely check out this class- Seth, the instructor is one fiiiiine fella, total eye candy. As my mother-in-law always says... "I may be married, but I'm not dead." HA! He is one of the hottest young amateur boxers in the tri-state area... but didn't have a chip on his shoulder at all. He was down to earth and was there to make sure you worked hard and got things right.




After class, I checked in with the General Manager, and he had a video for me to watch. I knew he had been filming tidbits of me working out... He then laid it on me that they are going to post these videos on the LA Boxing Ashburn facebook page. Yeah, I didn't know what to say or how to feel about that one. I've had a weight problem- but it's not something that I broadcast to the world. Let's be real- It's easy for me to hide it... I can post "good" pictures on my personal facebook page so people don't really know what I look like in my daily life. I can dodge people that I don't want to see in the grocery store, and I can just pretend that I never gained weight. But in reality, we all know that's not true. I've fallen into the trap of taking care of everyone else and letting myself go. I guess it's time for me to come clean. If this company is willing to hook me up like they have been, I guess I'll let them post my unshowered, out of count, drenching in sweat self working out. I'm pretty much agreeing to embarrassment and I don't know what I'm thinking. I thought I would be able to hide behind my writing and be pretty anonymous throughout this journey. But in the end, hopefully it will be worth it. Maybe I'll be able to inspire someone to take the plunge and work out and chase their goals. Or in my dream world, maybe one day, I'll be someone's eye candy.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment