Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wednesday Wrap-Up

Today was weigh-in day... and I have been dreading it ever since my weekend meltdown. But guess what- even with a few slip-ups, I managed to make some progress!!!

Beginning Weight~ 173
Wednesday 12/14~ 167.2
Wednesday 12/23~ 165.8
Total loss in two weeks... 7.2 pounds!

I know that's not great, but isn't it at least enough to drop me a weight class or something?:) I took my first kickboxing class with Adam (Is it just me or does he have the whole Brody Jenner thing going on?)tonight. Whoa! This is a killer instructor. I could have quit after the first fifteen minutes of class because I had had a hardcore workout already! He seemed super nice, but was kind of intimidating in a good way. I wanted to get things right because he almost came off like that high school coach that you wanted to impress... or maybe not impress... maybe that you knew would have you do twice the workload if you were caught screwing around and not giving it your all...

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter

O.k... So maybe I'm not a fighter yet, but I do have my first battle scar. My knee is swollen and black and blue! I'd love to say it is from me doing a reverse roundhouse kick that knocked the bag off the beam or something cool like that... but in reality, I was trying to do a simple plank. We were holding the plank, and what little ab muscles I have gave out and I slammed down on my knee. It was oh so graceful... Luckily, I don't think it's anything to worry about.:)

Tonight, I had a little pitfall. I visited my aunt's house and some Christmas goodies got the best of me. I hated how it made me feel afterwards, so my goal is to stay on point these next two days. I've decided that instead of our family tradition of chipped beef and gravy on Christmas morning (yes, we're a little bit country); we're going to have make your own egg omelets. Bring on the egg whites and cilantro... Yum-O!

Speaking of my pitfall, I hate writing that because my trainer is going to make me pay for it. Tomorrow, I'll post a workout we did this week in case you need some inspiration these next two days while the gym is closed.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment