Friday, January 8, 2010

Tidal Wave

"Losing doesn't make me want to quit. It makes me want to fight that much harder."
-Coach Bear Bryant

I'm a sucker for college football. I could watch and listen to Kirk Herbstreit all day long and never tire of him. I love my Virginia Tech Hokies and I have a soft spot for the Crimson Tide. I'm also a sucker for everything that goes along with a college football game... and that includes food and drinks.



Tonight was no exception. I wasn't able to make it to LA Boxing today because I didn't have a sitter... so I worked out at another local gym. It just wasn't the same. I couldn't get motivated and although I did a solid 45 minutes on the treadmill, it was awful. Torture more like it. I was bored out of my mind and mad that I wasn't able to make a class. I went to Wal-Mart on the way home and it was like the old Shelley came back for a few hours. I filled my cart with cookies, chips, and plenty of other bad foods. I stopped by Red Hot and Blue to pick up some ribs for the National Championship game and proceeded to eat the fries that came along with it. It was a bad, bad night- and I realize, it was total emotional eating.



I guess things could have been worse... We saw Alabama's season opener this year in Atlanta... and at least I didn't have all the "liquid" calories.:) When Tech played Alabama I remember feeling so heavy. I was surrounded by all these cute, petite, beautiful, blonde S.E.C. girls in their trendy gameday dresses. I felt like a heifer, and total mom, walking around in my jeans and t-shirt. I kept pulling at my shirt so it wasn't clinging too much to my belly.

Just like Bear Bryant said, I lost last night... but it just makes me want to fight harder. Today I'll be fighting in both a kickboxing and a boxing class. I'll be fighting for my health... And so that maybe next year, I'll be the one in the gameday dress.

Until then, GO HOKIES and ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment