Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda

It's about time. I retired my go-to outfit tonight. At least once a week for the past five years, I've sported my J-Lo velour tracksuit. It's comfy, black (isn't that supposed to be slimming?), and I've always felt somewhat put together in it. Maybe I should have taken a harder look in the mirror and realized that I wasn't fooling anybody. The tag says "Motherhood Maternity" and you can definitely tell it's a maternity outfit. I never gave it a second thought- It fit, and that extra wide elastic tummy band helped hold in my rolls.

I've been trying to stay away from the scale recently and just live a healthier lifestyle- but it's not working out so much. This morning, I could tell by my clothes that I've gained a couple pounds, so I broke out the scale and I was right. When I eat right, I can fit in clothes I haven't fit in forever. I'm not in my skinny clothes yet, but I know that I can get there!

It's amazing to me that we are quickly approaching my three month mark at LA Boxing. It feels like I've been doing it forever and I can't imagine my life without it right now. But on the flipside, these past couple of days, I've been frustrated with myself. Justin let me take "one day" off to have an adult night out full of red party cups and buffalo chicken dip. That one night turned into one more day of needing greasy foods to recover, and then one more day to get out of my rut. There's a common denominator with these three days- I didn't make it in to the gym. When I am at the gym, I am surrounded by so much positivity and I want to stay on track.

We are coming up on the three week countdown to Fitbloggin'. Peeps and followers, I need all the encouragement I can get. There's nothing I want more than to be that person that spreads positivity and most of all, the message of hope. I don't want to continue my days in maternity wear. Those days are over- this mama says knock you out.:)

9am Boxing with Seth... what a way to start my day.:) I host Bunco tomorrow and will spend my day slaving over lemon bars, brownies, and homemade appetizers... Wish me luck- I'm probably one of the only domestic goddess wanna-be's that has burnt jell-o. Feel free to leave me some love and let me know I can get through the day with clean eating!:)

2 comments:

  1. Sweetie, you can do anything you set your mind to. So get it set early in the morning, and don't get disrtacted. Are you making the apps something that would be 'diet friendly'? There are tons of recipies out there for "healty, guick, and simple' food. Try foodnetwork.com, and you will have no problem with this!! Love ya Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe,
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete