Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Behind closed doors...

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?? That's about the only French I know... and I just learned it means: Would you like to sleep with me tonight? Nice. I'm glad I've probably been spotted with my windows rolled down blaring Lady Marmalade with my children in the backseat. I guess I won't be winning mother of the year!

Last Summer, my hubby surprised me with a trip to Paris. We had the best time- Afterall, it is the city of romance.:) We spent our days sightseeing and being as touristy as possible. We soaked it all in and truly had a wonderful trip- but it's a perfect example of how you never know what a person really goes through in life.

Being overweight at times consumed my thoughts- but until a few months ago, I never had the willpower to do anything about it. I know that I was not morbidly obese, but not a day went by that I didn't think "If I could just lose weight, I'd feel better and be happier." I have nothing against heavier people... If I felt good being pleasantly plump, I'd be on cloud nine... I wouldn't have to make sacrifices, or be so self concious- but the truth is, my weight really effects me.

In Paris, I was living the life I was meant to live.:) We were catered to hand and foot and enjoyed watching the Paris air show from a private chalet right on the runway. Too bad as soon as I got on the plane, I was convinced I had caught the swine flu and that lifestyle was only a figment of my imagination.:) When I got home, I posted pictures on my family blog of how wonderful the trip was... and I'm sure if I had been on facebook then, I would have posted "good shots" such as these:




I wouldn't have put it out there that out of 246 pictures they were the most flattering I had. In fact, I think all but three pictures were headshots because I didn't want any evidence or documentation of what my body looked like. Most pictures looked like this:


Nice chin, eh? Oh, and then there were the pictures my poor hubby took of me in the hotel room. You know- I of course had him take "before" pictures for the 100th time- because after feeding my face all day and being surrounded by skinny Europeans, I was bound and determined that I WAS going to lose weight when I got home. Too bad that didn't happen. I'll spare you the bra and undie shots, but isn't this beautiful?



You wouldn't find that on facebook, now would you? I'm sure I'm not the only one that only posts "good" pictures of themselves for people to see. Behind closed doors, I really think we all have issues. I'm just glad I've finally started working on mine.

Picture day is tomorrow... Oh- and you can count on one thing- I promise I will only be posting the most flattering ones.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment