Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm baaaaccckkkkk.... with a vengeance

Who knew that a blog break could be so refreshing? We returned from vacation, and I am determined now more than ever to conquer my weight problem once and for all! It's amazing the lessons you learn from every day life.

Yesterday, I was ecstatic when I saw a tube of VO5 conditioning treatment in the bargain bin at Harris Teeter. When I read the markdown sticker and it was a mere buck 44, I couldn't wait to try it out in an attempt to refresh my soon to be sun and chlorine damaged locks. I bet it would have worked great... if I had read the directions.

I was at the gym getting my shower in peace- meaning I didn't have a two year old dancing around my legs watching my every move. I opened the toothpaste sized tube and proceeded to put every last drop of conditioner on my hair. Afterall, it is a beauty product, and it was going to make me beautiful, right? When I got out of the shower, I could tell something was wrong. There was so much grease in my hair that I couldn't get a comb through it! I then went back and read the box and it said to use 1/16th of an inch of the conditioner on your hair. I think I've washed my hair ten times since yesterday and it's still wet looking. Not good.

When will I ever realize that sometimes Less is More? We live in a society where we always want more, more, more... and we don't slow down. We want more money, more personal possessions, more food on our plate... it never ends.

Today in my kickboxing class, Naser shocked us all when he didn't give us our usual water break fifteen minutes into class. He said we could wait and it wasn't going to hurt us. I think he then said, "People are lazy. We always give ourselves more than we deserve." Isn't that the truth? I can't tell you how many times I bust my butt working out, and then "reward" myself with a double cheeseburger at the drive-thru.

I'm ready to take Naser's advice. From now on, not only will I read the directions on beauty products and actually follow that "use a dime size" suggestion instead of a cup size, but I'm not going to sabotage myself with rewards that I don't deserve!

Less is More- especially when it comes to the numbers on the scale. No more pity party, off-trackness here... I'm a woman on a mission.:)

Oh, and I wish I could give all of you that left comments a free t-shirt... but my son picked "Susan" as the winner. Thanks for the comments, and Susan, please e-mail me at hokie30sgirl@aol.com so I can get this shirt sent to you!

1 comment:

  1. AWEsome! You are so right. I'm sort of a live small kinda girl though. Small house, smallest car we can, only as many clothes as we need. Etc. Yeah. I'm freakish for an American. I do give myself more treats than I need. Thanks for the twist in my thinking. Quite refreshing.

    ReplyDelete