Monday, June 14, 2010

The Power is in YOU!

I can sit around watching Martha Stewart all day long, but unless I take the time to fold my towels like she instructs, I’ll still have a mess in my linen closet. I can tune into Rachel Ray and drool over her creations, but unless I take the time to make a mouth-watering meal, I might as well plan on a TV dinner. I can watch Jerry Springer... O.K., O.K., I admit I have a soft spot for this show just because when I'm having a downer of a day, it always makes me feel so much better about my life.:) Sad, but true. Oh, and I can't deny that I have a spot for Steve Wilkos- What can I say- Somehow that tall, bald guy just does it for me.:)

The other day, I was at the gym and I was getting in a workout on the elliptical. I take that back. I was chatting with a friend on the elliptical and enjoying a break from my kids. I'm not gonna lie. My friend is super in shape... and when I look around the gym, I'm still one of the larger chicks at the gym surrounded by fit Ashburn women. I'll stop there, I'm not going to name call. Anyways... My in shape friend was doing the elliptical on level 15 at a 10 minute pace. I guess I didn't hold a candle to her going at a 17 minute pace on level 6. It was in that moment that I realized that I can go to the gym every day, but if I don't up the ante, I'm not going to see any results.

Yesterday I was able to fit in an LA Boxing class. When I first looked around the room, I saw that there were a bunch of newbies in the class- and for the first time ever, I was worried that I wasn't going to get a good work out in. I mean, I was a newbie once, and I needed sooooo much help and extra attention! After the class was over, I realized that even with the instructor helping out the new members, EVERYONE in the class was able to get a killer workout.

And yes, at that moment, I turned into psycho creeper girl and asked if I could get pictures... LOL!

This guy is one of the standouts in class. He's what I call "advanced" and knows what he's doing... In one hour, was he able to get a workout in? I think the picture speaks for itself.:) (Yes, I had to get enough nerve to get his picture, and yes, I followed him out to his car.)




Um, yes, that's me. I sweat. A lot. I like to say I'm an "intermediate" member. I know what I'm supposed to be doing... but I don't always look like it.:) As you can tell, I got a good workout.... Loved it!


Last but not least... here's a poor girl on her first day of class. I bet she wasn't expecting to have some crazy lady corner her to get a picture of her glistening self. Poor thing. But thanks for being cool... and I guess you can tell, she burnt some calories.:)


I think this just goes to show that in one hour at LA Boxing, you CAN get results. As our instructor said, "It's up to us to give you the motivation, but it's up to YOU to put in the work!" Well, it looks like the motivation paid off.:) Now, Martha and Rachel Ray- feel free to intimidate me. It works.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the advanced guy! You are awesome. Great work super ninja spy lady.

    ReplyDelete