Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Once upon a time...

"I see your hiney
All nice and shiny
If you don't hide it
I just might bite it
When I see it wiggle
It makes me giggle"


I must be a hilarious person because my body would make you die of giggles as much as it wiggles. My girlfriend and I were at the pool yesterday and we were gawking at the tiny little lifeguard. Notice I didn't state my friend's name. I'm afraid if I keep bringing my friends down with me, they might not want to hang out with me anymore... Back to the story. We were worse than old men watching this chick walk around the pool. She was so cute and nothing jiggled on her. Those were the days. Once upon a time, not too long ago, we were that girl.

Do you ever stand in front of the mirror and look at yourself naked? Or is that just me? I tend to either suck it all in and try to convince myself that there is still hope, or completely poke out my blubbery fat and disgust myself. I have come to the conclusion that my legs might have a fighting chance. But from my neck to my pubes, it's a lost cause. I've gained back weight- and my ledge is killing me. Ya know, the "ledge" as in the little lip of skin that hangs from my belly. It had vanished when I was hitting up LA Boxing and now it's made its return.

I'm not going to hide it anymore- I've been in a rut lately. Summer has been so much fun and I've enjoyed every last second of it with my kids. I've spent more time wiping butts than working out mine. And for the first time in a long while, I'm welcoming Fall. I have open arms for days with more structure and routine and I can't wait for football season. I have big plans in store... I'm saying bye-bye to bikinis and hello to belts. I can't wait to wear a belt... as soon as the ledge is gone.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment