Monday, April 25, 2011

Freak in The Bed...

I had huge plans. Even detailed. I was chatting with my friend at the gym and had concocted a plan to be waiting for the hubby when he returned from work late at night in a nightie, with music going, and candles lit. I might even have been freshly showered and shaved, too... but I wasn't sure if I should pull the big guns out. Afterall, I don't know if we've had candles lit since P.B. days... as in pre-baby time. Oh- and if you overheard two middle-aged women at the gym practicing a sexual growl-like "Hey baby, Come to Mama,"... that just might have been me.:)

And then it happened. Aunt Flo came on with a vengence. Like a moth to a flame, she reared her ugly head... and it was downhill from there.

Let's just say- Men always say they want a lady in the street and a freak in the bed. Well, my hubby got just that... a freak in the bed for the next six straight days. But I'm not sure if that was what he wanted.

I was a freak. As in freakazoid. Anything and everything could set me off. I was full of emotions, would cry at the drop of a hat, and the best case scenario was that I was asleep... fast asleep in my bed.

I'm always a happy-go-lucky gal... but I really think the hormones got the best of me. Note: Not a good idea to go on birth control and continuously take it for three months so you don't have your period during your half marathon and then suddenly go off of it a month later. You might experience issues and question whether you need to see a psychologist. And then you might want to hug any friend you have that suffers from depression, mental issues, or any sort of issue... because when you can't control how your feel, it's no joke.

Thankfully... I made it through my hell week. I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted. Despite eating continuously for a week straight and now officially weighing two pounds shy of the day I delivered my babies, I have a smile on my face.

Tomorrow officially starts Mission Get Shelley's Body Back, but for now... the hubby comes home tonight. And after what he put up with last week, I might even shit, shower, AND shave. And I might even leave a light on... because my baby loves me just the way that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment