Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thought of the day...

I've started running again. Slow.as.molasses. It's sad... I even drive to a neighborhood that is ten minutes away because it's flat, and well, my hood is pretty much a mountain. Hey, whatever works.

As I was running, I started thinking about just how much I have to lose. Imagine running with a five pound dumbbell. Then imagine running with a ten pounder. Even that little bit of extra weight sucks. Imagine running with a whole plate- minus ten or so pounds. I struggle to be able to just lift one of them. Now, imagine dropping that weight from your body and going for a run. Dude, I bet I could really run!!!

I have a long way to go, but I know how to get there... Step by step, I'm on my way.:)

Oh, and I splurged and bought a pair of $5 leggings today at Tar-jay. That's one style that even moms are getting away with these days. But as my mama always says... They don't look good on a gal when it looks like two dirt roads are leading to a four-lane highway. I've gotta at least turn my arse into a neighborhood street.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment